Do you remember the shockingly inappropriate and often offensive ads of the mid-20th century?
Today, there’s no way advertisers could get away with the marketing campaigns they had half a century ago. Some are so crazy, in fact, that just you can’t even believe they’re real.
The following ads are for non-existent products, but they capture all the controversy, hilarity, and vintage designs of the real thing.
1. When you can’t have it all.
You can still find a good bargain, no matter what.
2. Tomato and spice and everything nice.
You say catsup, we say baby food.
3. From desserts to hot dogs and everything in between.
Who knew fudge could be so versatile?
4. Crazy over creosote?
Dow Chemical has you and your grill covered!
5. A gaming Wonder.
Right at your “Fingertips.”
6. Moisture for every member of the family.
You just don’t have to mention it to each other.
7. Turn your frown upside down.
And pucker up for yummy beet vinegar.
8. When farts just aren’t funny anymore.
Ovaltine for an overactive colon.
9. Totally terrestrial treats.
For when you have a hankering for something gritty.
10. Make breakfast the most important meal of the day.
Even if it is in a glass.
11. Feel fresh all day long.
And keep your counters clean too!
Which of these funny fake ads was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!