Oh, yay. It’s winter and Christmas time is here. A total nightmare.
Still, everyone, even goths, needs Christmas songs to sing around the dead tree someone dragged into the living room and decorated with skulls.
Here are 10 to get you in a miserable holiday spirit.
1. The Cure, “Merry Christmas Everybody”
Performed at Wembly Arena in 1987.
2. The Damned, “There Ain’t No Sanity Clause”
This Christmas gem was released in 1980.
3. Cocteau Twins, “Winter Wonderland”
Winter what? All goths know is that it’s too damned cold outside to smoke their cigarettes.
4. Cranes, “Happy Christmas (War is Over)”
I think John Lennon would approve.
5. The Legendary Pink Dots, “Frosty”
The snowman or the attitude?
6. Xmal Deutschland, “Xmas in Australia”
This is an instrumental composed in Australia at Christmas, I guess? It’s good.
7. Shock Therapy, “X-mas Time Again”
Straight out of Detroit.
8. London After Midnight, “The Christmas Song”
Nice and sad. Perfect for the goth in your life.
9. Type O Negative, “Red Water (Christmas Mourning)”
Mourning…get it? If the holidays are kind of a down-time for you, listen to this classic.
10. Al Jourgensen, “It’s Always Christmas Time”
Not Ministry, but pretty chill.
Now that you have the perfect playlist for your goth guests, light your candles and put on your best frilly shirt.
You’re about to mope hard!
What are your fave goth holiday tunes? Let us know in the comments!