Scroll For Article Below Advertisement
In a world where trolls are real and seem to have a lot of time on their hands, it’s nice to hear a compliment.
Recently, Reddit users posted answers to the question, “What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?”
Looks like for most people, receiving kind words is a special fuel that gets you through the mean days.
So, let’s fuel up and scroll through the nicest compliments these people have heard. May it inspire all of us to spread a little cheer to others around us. You never know when a few friendly words will turn someone’s day around.
1. “Thank you so much! This has been the best birthday I’ve had in the past 46 years of my life!”
2. “When I hang out with you, I always end up laughing.”
3. “I was sitting with my mother when my 5 year old daughter came over screaming about something. I asked her what she was frustrated about and then we talked it out and she walked away happy. My mom then said to me “wow that was some good parenting.”
4. I helped an old lady step down a curb and then she couldn’t find her car in the parking lot (her husband parked it) so I helped her find it and walked her to it and she said “your mother did a good job raising you.” My mother passed away when I was young so when she said that I got back to my car and I lost it.
5. From a very handsome British guy in his mid-twenties at an incredibly conservative US college: “You know you’re a very good looking guy.” I’m straight but it put a pep in my step for weeks and i still remember it 14 years later.
6. Once in public speaking class I jokingly introduced myself in a speech with “I like the sound of my own voice” and the professor immediately shot back with “and so do we!” As someone that’s struggled with feeling like what I have to say is worth hearing that really stuck with me.
7. “Im a black man if I were to describe by skin color itd be milk chocolate. One dayMy girlfriend said to me I have great skin and deep undertones. We were discussing about make up and I didnt quite get what she meant by undertones but damn did it make me smile.”
8. “Your handwriting is so neat that if you’d been born before the invention of the printing press, you would have been in charge of writing books.”
9. The widow of the deceased came to see me at the organ console before proceeding to the cemetery. “I just wanted to thank you for the uplifting music you played for my husband’s funeral. It could’ve been a sad occasion, but instead your music turned it into a celebration of his life.”
10. A friend once told me it is a pleasure to know me and that I am the type of friend everyone deserves to have. That one meant a lot. Hit me right in the feels.
We should all think kinder thoughts, say nicer things and perhaps wave instead of honk. It makes a difference…you good-looking, funny, smart you.
I mean it. Have you been working out? Wow.