I mean, I feel like, on any given day, most parents are in need of a laugh – and that goes double (or more) for this past year.
Life with kids is tough – emotionally, physically, psychologically – and being able to laugh about the ridiculousness of the day-to-day is key to getting through it.
If you’re having a day where you definitely need to remember not to take things too seriously, these 14 memes should do the trick.
13. It’s quite the universal phrase.
Applies to pretty much everything.
12. No, not be a duck…
Too late. Oh well.
My toddler was about to hit her head on a bar at the playground so I told her to duck and she quacked at me.
And then hit her head.
— MichiMama ? (@michimama75) June 12, 2019
11. It’s a delicate balance.
Everyone has to play their parts juusssst right.
10. We’re all lying to ourselves to make it through.
At least everyone looks like crap.
A fun thing about being a parent is trying to downplay your sleep needs to yourself like ‘I slept in for 30 minutes 6 days ago; I should be fine right now.’
— AsKateWouldHaveIt (@KateWouldHaveIt) October 25, 2018
9. Who knew there were so many questions?
Thank goodness for Alexa.
8. The best thing he could think of.
Bless his heart.
7. You definitely want to get top dollar.
He’s already cost you a lot, after all.
6. This is why you don’t let them control the radio.
Hahahaha like that was ever going to happen.
5. It’s what bonds us together.
And sets us apart from the dads.
4. Nope, sorry honey, no ice cream.
At least, there won’t be when you wake up tomorrow.
3. It doesn’t apply to you though.
You didn’t think it would, right?
2. All of these are valid concerns.
Enjoy it while you can.
Simple facts I'm terrified of my toddler discovering:
– public parks don't randomly close
– tv's don't run out of batteries
– there is no actual world record for "fastest at putting away toys"
– chicken the animal and chicken the food are one and the same
Got any to add?
— Henpecked Hal (@HenpeckedHal) May 1, 2019
1. Do you…do you have to watch Sesame Street?
Just asking. No reason.
I’m feeling a little looser in the shoulders and neck already; how about you?
Which of these memes rang the most true for you?
Tell us in the comments!