You know when you have the perfect comeback, or a joke you know is just going to fire on all cylinders?
It’s pretty great, right?
What might be even better, though, is when you come up with a comeback to someone else’s great joke in the moment, like your brain is just working at top-notch capacity.
So please, enjoy these 15 jokes that backfired spectacularly. You know you want to!
1. Isn’t etymology fun?
I mean, I think it is.
2. Saying you’re leaving is not a flex.
Literally no one cares.
3. There’s nothing wrong with riding the bus.
But if you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.
4. We really only care if you buy it.
You don’t even have to read it.
Why stop there? Buy 10 copies and burn them, that'll really show me https://t.co/Tw8ufSRMfX
— Owen Jones ?? (@OwenJones84) September 21, 2020
5. Historians are ruthless, y’all.
This is well known in the academic community.
6. Well that escalated quickly.
He started it, she finished it.
7. You might as well get used to it.
We’re all old now so.
8. That metaphor doesn’t really work.
Also that’s none of your business.
9. Stop the stereotyping, people.
Someone will always step up to prove you wrong.
10. Maths are hard.
To be fair.
11. Somebody failed their freshman English assignment.
They probably think the monster’s name is Frankenstein, too.
12. That didn’t really work out.
Nice try though, I guess.
13. This is actually a two for one.
And each one is funnier than the last.
14. I think I agree with Jen here.
Criticizing someone’s romantic life really isn’t a flex.
15. I mean…you can’t really argue.
Just give him the finger like a true American.
I can’t stop snickering, y’all. Ha!
Have you ever witnessed an epic backfiring like this? Tell us the story in the comments!