We all have hard days where we think the world is crumbling down and things will never get better.
But, guess what? It will!
It’s important to stay positive when the going gets rough. Here are 20 sentences you can say yourself to feel a little better on those tough and trying days.
1. You will never be good enough for yourself when your goal is to be good enough for someone else.
2. Those who have no intention of seeing your worth will not see it, no matter how much mental and emotional gymnastics you do to try to convince them.
3. You’re paying attention to what you aren’t more than what you are.
4. Maybe the problem is that you’re not recognizing and appreciating how far you’ve actually come.
5. You have failed in some ways, and that is OK.
6. If the only way you see yourself is through the lens of what you still have to fix, you will never be at peace.
7. If you are trying to hold onto expired ideals, the body of your high school years, the carelessness of your college years, the freshness of a brand new relationship… you are setting yourself up to fail.
8. You are imperfect in some ways, and that is OK.
9. If your self-worth keeps shifting based on who you spend time with, maybe it’s time to stop only seeing yourself through other people’s eyes.
10. Low self-esteem is just as much a result of not challenging oneself as it is holding oneself to unrealistic standards; the two tend to happen at once.
11. If you really want to heal this, you are going to have to go out in the world and actually prove to yourself that you are capable and loved.
12. You’re a smart person, and you’re not going to fall for a vague notion of unconditional love for yourself when you have nothing to back it up.
13. Sometimes the most profound way you can love yourself is by calling yourself out on where you still need to change and grow.
14. Sometimes the problem is just that those who didn’t see your worth trained you to ignore it, too, in an effort to earn their love.
15. You are absolutely never going to feel good enough if you are trying to master something that you are not here to master.
16. To truly discover your self-worth, you have to unearth your unique talents, the gifts you have to offer yourself, and then the world.
17. You did this naturally when you were a child, try to remember how you felt about yourself then.
18. Maybe you don’t need to change the way you look, or how much money you make, or what work you do.
19. Maybe the moment everything changes for you is the moment you decide to stop being someone else’s ideal, and figure out what yours is.
20. You are absolutely never going to feel good enough if you stay stuck in a relationship you are not meant to be in.
Keep your head up! Things will get better!
And just remember to use some or all of these sentences when you’re having a bad day.