Recently, Purple Clover create a hilarious list of 50 Clues You’re Almost 50, and we thought it would be fun to do that for the Gen X crowd.
The following sure signs that you’re over 40 will make you say, “Yep, that me.” Because we all go through the same journey.
Don’t worry, you can do this. We believe in you.
1. Kids starting college weren’t even born when you graduated… from college.
2. Remember Haley Joel Osment? This is what he looks like now. Because he’s 20 years older!
From @TheWrap Portrait Studio #Sundance2019 pic.twitter.com/Dqis6D6Hrr
— Haley Joel Osment (@HaleyJoelOsment) February 6, 2019
3. Hey, your favorite band from high school is on the radio! Wait, it’s a classic rock station? Yes. Because that was more than 20 years ago.
Nirvana at Reading Festival (1991). pic.twitter.com/jPt19zKkpC
— . (@killlrqueen) March 16, 2019
4. Have you caught yourself saying “I’m going to tape this show,” or “Just rewind it”? Yeah you have.
5. Turning the lights off suddenly became important to you. Because money.
6. On Facebook, party pics have long since been replaced with baby pics. In fact, they’re likely kids having birthday parties.
7. Doctors look insanely young now.
8. Fellas, you’re getting Viagra eds. On Spotify. Because you’re listening to ’90s music. Duh.
9. You haven’t watched MTV in years and the last time you tried to, nothing made sense.
10. Nostalgia isn’t ironic anymore. It’s actually a thing.
11. Friends are having more divorce parties than marriages.
12. Why is the hair leaving your head and finding its way to your ears and nose and eyebrows? Because science. We guess. We really don’t know how it works either.
13. You’ve started to think long and hard about saving for retirement.
14. Maybe you visited us back in 1999? If so, you remember what it looked like.
You know what they say? 40 is the new 30. Of course, that’s what they said since people started turning 40. So even that’s old too.