Some people think the modern world is timeless.
We don’t want to think about how fragile our existence really is or how many generations of things and people have come before us that are now nothing but dust and bones.
Sometimes, though, we run across images of just that that can’t be denied, and we’re forced to admit not only our own mortality, but also that they can look really cool.
After checking out these 10 photos, I’m actually feeling like maybe letting nature have me back one day won’t be so bad.
1. Everybody’s favorite seat.
A lot of butts have been right there.
2. We all know kids are hard on things.
Here is the irrefutable proof, though.
3. That’s a lot of love, y’all.
I have to imagine that’s exactly the sort of life a doll would want.
4. They really should make those things out of stronger stuff.
You know they’re going to get grabbed day in and day out.
5. Glad this is of times gone by.
But I wish we weren’t still feeling the effects as a society.
6. There’s no denying the Romans built things to last.
Is it weird that I want to try these on?
7. There is so much to look at in this photo.
I’m stuck on the word “sparkling,” to be honest.
8. And you thought your pumpkins were rotten.
Consider this your reminder to throw them in the trash.
9. Iron is stronger than brick.
Here is the proof, friends.
10. So many kids have used this. That’s awesome.
It looks like it’s fading right into the past.
Honestly, I live for running across things like this in everyday life. It kind of takes your breath away.
Do you have a favorite image from this list? Let us know which one it was in the comments!