If you’re a history buff, then I don’t need to tell you how fascinating it is to think closely about not only time gone by, but the existential reality that, eventually, no one will exist who remembers us at all.
These things are physical examples of how time wears everything down to nothing eventually, and I don’t know.
I kind of love it.
1. It’s still getting a bit moldy.
Also…why would someone do this?
2. Why would they cover that up with linoleum?
That breaks my brain.
3. This is beautiful.
It’s also dead. Chew on that for a minute.
4. That doesn’t seem safe.
There is something sweet about it, though.
5. My parents did the same thing.
Those labels are built to last, my friends.
6. This is the coolest.
Nature will take everything back if we let it.
7. Well, this is good to know.
At least I’m investing in a quality product.
8. Are we sure that’s the kiwi?
How on earth could you tell?
9. I really love how creepy this looks.
Like it has stories to tell.
10. I have questions.
Like…where is the rest of it?
11. Does this mean there is actual copper and gold in them?
Or would all crayons turn green after awhile?
12. He couldn’t have done that himself if he’d tried.
And the world would be a bit less bright, honestly.
There’s something so melancholy but also inevitable about the passage of time. It’s sort of romantic.
What’s your favorite of these images and why? Let’s talk about it in the comments!