They say “everything old is new again,” and that may be true for fashion and hipster trends.
But some things really do change irrevocably with time.
Although I guess the fact that they change at all makes them new, in a way?
Whether they’ve been worn down by weather or by love, things eventually show their age.
Here are 12 examples of times when nature took over.
1. In case you wanted proof of termite damage
Or what the inside of a pencil really looks like.
2. When trees are left unattended
Like goats, they will literally eat anything.
3. And I mean ANYTHING
Possibly including the children…
4. I mean I knew the trees were hungry, but…
A tornado, I’m guessing?
5. If you ever had doubts about nature taking over…
Gradually there will be no sign we were ever here.
6. Oceans are hungry too
Time and tides, as they say.
7. If you thought the bricks were cool, check this
Is that lock still attached to a chain?!
8. It’s true that nothing lasts forever
Not even nature itself.
9. You can try to preserve it
But oxidation will win in the end.
10. Whether it’s the sun doing the damage
And leaving people behind…
11. Or whether it’s the man-made stuff that gets left behind
Okay, maybe they’ll know we were here even eons later.
12. And as much as nature is taking over
Humans definitely wear things down too.
I love these! It is just so incredibly cool to see what nature can do.
Like the architecture of ancient civilizations that have been covered with earth and lava and the sands of time–maybe some day some future civilization will be excavating our hidden world.
What is your favorite thing that time has tried to erase? Tell us in the comments.