They say “a picture is worth a thousand words,” and it’s definitely true.
Some of us, 65% of the world’s population, in fact are visual learners.
Providing an info graphic doesn’t just help illustrate the point, it can actually help people internalize it.
Here are 14 Cool Guides that really bring the point home and help to simplify complicated topics.
1. Equity – more than just a DEI buzzword
And also not the end of the conversation.
2. Same concept, different picture
Because there’s more than one way to explain things.
3. Recognize the symptoms
Sometimes fainting is just fainting.
But sometimes it’s something more.
4. What it’s actually like to be color blind
In all it’s different forms.
5. How to handle a dementia patient
With empathy, and so as to get your desired results.
6. The actual truth about depression
And what it looks like from the outside looking in.
7. And then you add ADHD into that mix
It’s a whole different ball game.
8. Can you recognize the signs of mental abuse?
Trauma can take so many forms. So can patience.
9. But there are ways to release “happiness chemicals”
Legal activities, in all 50 states.
10. And how exactly does gerrymandering change things?
You might need some of those happiness chemicals once you see the chart.
11. Or how about fascism?
What is it, anyway? Here’s a handy guide.
12. Or how about the lesser known variations of the Confederate flag?
I saw them once in 8th grade, but that maybe have been the last time.
13. What does “defund the police” actually mean?
Here’s a list of their demands.
14. And what even are marginal taxes?
There may not be anything more complicated than the tax code.
Y’all, I don’t know if I even consider myself a visual learner, but I sure do love infographics.
What’s your favorite Cool Guide? Tell us in the comments!