In this day and age, people tend to think of almost everything as disposable. If something breaks, or gets dirty beyond the point of a simple wash, or just doesn’t work the way it used to, we’re inclined to throw it away and get a new one – probably delivered the next day by Amazon.
These people hung onto their stuff, though, and it’s pretty amazing how long some things will last if you just give them a chance.
Check out these 14 examples and prepare to be amazed!
14. One of those girls loves hard.
And the other is more inclined to anxiety, I think.
13. They got their money’s worth out of those.
It’s crazy how the color faded.
12. Look how much sun that hat took for that guy!
That hat is actually a hero.
11. It was definitely time for a new one.
Imagine how great their neck is going to feel tonight!
10. Ok but that’s really kind of gross.
Just imagining everything smeared on those bills.
9. You’re going to have to invest in a case.
At least if this is a normal week’s studying.
8. This brings back memories.
Who among us 80s babies didn’t love one of these cups?
7. Those things have served him well.
It’s time to put them out for a well-needed rest.
6. Twenty years is a good run for a brush.
No complaints here, I suppose.
5. I honestly cannot believe this is real.
The one on the left looks like it was always a filet knife!
4. That’s a man’s wallet right there.
I bet he was sorry to let it go.
3. That thing was literally about to fall apart.
I feel like that could have been a fire hazard.
2. He’s racked up lots of stories.
Some of them I’m sure none of us would like to hear.
1. That’s a legacy right there.
I feel like he should have taken the original to school with him, for luck.
I’ve definitely hung onto some favorite shoes for this long and I felt like I needed to have a funeral.
What about you? What have you used for way longer than you expected? Tell us about it in the comments so we can all celebrate together.