Animals have fascinated humans for as long as there have been humans.
Sometimes, they intrigue us the most because they are so different, so completely unusual.
Other times, their power is in how much they are actually just like us.
Here are 14 things that make us love animals even more than we already did.
1. Pigeons: not just here to carry your mail
Like you, they enjoy carb loading and their beauty is often overlooked.
2. Introverted rodents with social anxiety
Who among us cannot relate?
3. There is nothing like a kitty pile
They just get it. You never saw a cat who needed a weighted blanket, did you?
4. The goose has the best of all worlds
I was always partial to the platypus myself, but the grass is always greener.
5. Even little parrot wants a mini-me
It’s like looking in the mirror…
6. Cats, not so polite
Cats are the animal version of saying what everyone else is thinking.
7. Fish don’t have poker faces
And sadly, as I’m told, neither do I.
8. Clever little beasties
Animals know instinctively what they need. Unlike people–they pay attention.
9. Giraffes are as varied as people
If only you take the time to notice how different they are.
10. Tuxedo cats, like a trip to McDonald’s after prom.
Overdressed in unexpected places
11. Goats are excellent pranksters
Naughty little devils.
12. Animals can wear clothing too
And there is almost nothing funnier!
13. They might be magicians
How else can you explain them fitting through the tiniest spaces?
14. Even bunnies can cut with a look
It’s always the ones who look the most innocent…
It’s kind of amazing when you think about it, how much we have in common with the furry and feathered creatures that we share the planet with.
What do you think? Are we more like animals than we give them credit for? Tell us in the comments.