Everyone has a past. That includes past relationships that didn’t work out for one reason or another, and a long (or short) list of exes that includes some we’d rather not talk about (or to).
That said, sometimes emotions get the better of us (or we’ve had too much to drink), and texts get sent and received…and as long as they don’t belong to you, they can be pretty darn funny.
That said, these 18 are bad enough they might even make strangers cringe.
18. Just call them out on it.
We all knew it was a lie.
17. I would have stopped interacting way before this lady did.
It was obviously bs and what a loser.
16. We’re not buying it.
No one texts legal documents right? I hope?
15. No means no.
And also ew no matter what your status is honestly.
14. It’s kind of sad, really.
I hope they blocked them and moved on.
13. Play stupid games…
I wonder how long it took him to just let it go.
12. Quite the backpedal.
Hopefully they’ll learn their lesson about going forward next time.
11. Super cringe.
Like, I feel seriously embarrassed for this person.
10. Who doesn’t love a cupcake?
But it’s definitely not getting you an invite back in.
9. I mean ok but…it’s a fish.
If it was a dog I think she probably would have replied.
8. You can’t have it both ways.
In or out, my friend.
7. Nope, they don’t feel sorry for you.
Not now, either. Pay up.
6. I’m so uncomfortable now.
I can’t imagine what it was like to get it.
5. Twenty-five years ago.
Yeesh. Get a life.
4. Why are people like this?
Some self-restraint, please.
3. Make it stop.
They should probably just stop replying.
2. I’m guessing we all know how this turned out.
At least, I certainly hope we do.
1. Oldest excuse in the book.
If you’re a millennial, anyway.
Y’all, I’m just so glad none of these came from my phone.
Do you have any hidden texts that are worthy of this list? We’re dying to laugh at your expense in the comments!