Nostalgia can be a funny thing. When we look toward our past, things can seem cast in a glow – or a pall – depending on what our lives were like when we first experienced them.
For most of us who grew up in the 90s, there are certain things that will always seem like they were the best of times, and these 26 images will take you all the way back.
26. Pencil boxes were where it was at.
And these were creme de la creme.
I know you all remember the Spacemaker pencil box! from nostalgia
Can you hear it, too?
24. Whatever happened to these?
Like, when did they fall by the wayside?
90’s Status Symbol from 90s
23. I was the champ.
My name was still on the wall the last time I checked.
Torture device known as the "sit and reach" test from nostalgia
22. At least they came with a lid.
Our parents tried, at least.
21. They were objectively terrible pencils.
But I would still buy one if I ran across it today.
20. Televisions have gone through so many iterations in our lifetime.
Never mind cable/streaming.
Who else is "video games only worked on Channel 3" years old? from nostalgia
19. You had to click through them.
What if there was a real gem somewhere in the middle!
Flipping through these as a kid trying to find your favourite bands poster. from nostalgia
18. It wasn’t super accurate.
But it made you feel like you knew you were going the right direction.
17. “Unfocus” your eyes.
I wonder if these made us dumber or smarter.
16. I bet these could be worth something now.
If your family somehow magically didn’t break them.
Who else had these? from 90s
15. There had to be a better way.
I promise you can’t hide anything from us on a PC though.
But are you this old? from 90s
14. Wild how fast things have changed.
Our kids would have no idea what an ashtray even was!
Remember playing with the ashtray in the backseat of a car when you were a kid? from nostalgia
13. The fish tank your parents would never let you have.
It was better than having to clean a real one anyway.
12. My kids still have these.
And they’re just as cheap and impossible to use.
11. The WB had quite a run.
If you think the CW is the same thing, you’re a lot younger than I am.
10. They were cutting edge at one time.
Crazy to think about it, right?
I cant be the only one who wished I still had my Tiger Electronicsgames. from 90s
9. All of these collector’s glasses were amazing.
They should definitely bring these promos back.
8. It actually was fun.
And we probably learned a thing or two, too.
Brain Quest from nostalgia
7. I know Burger King wasn’t the best.
And yet, we still wanted to collect all of the things.
6. These were so gross.
But now I kind of want one.
5. I had almost forgotten this…
I’m glad for the reminder!
4. I cannot believe these were a thing.
What a genius but totally unnecessary idea!
At Lunchtime I was cool as shit with this piece of equipment. from nostalgia
3. All Butterfingers are good.
Which makes these the best of the best.
2. The caramel ones really weren’t bad.
In fact, I kind of want one right now.
1. You mean you don’t still have one of these?
Because I do…
I had completely forgotten about these collapsible brushes until I stumbled across one on the sidewalk today from 90s
Y’all, I know things weren’t perfect, but it’s hard to argue that they weren’t simpler, right?
What’s something you would bring back from your youth if you could? Let us know down in the comments!