Nostalgia can be a funny thing. When we look toward our past, things can seem cast in a glow – or a pall – depending on what our lives were like when we first experienced them.
For most of us who grew up in the 90s, there are certain things that will always seem like they were the best of times, and these 26 images will take you all the way back.
26. Pencil boxes were where it was at.
And these were creme de la creme.
Can you hear it, too?
24. Whatever happened to these?
Like, when did they fall by the wayside?
23. I was the champ.
My name was still on the wall the last time I checked.
22. At least they came with a lid.
Our parents tried, at least.
21. They were objectively terrible pencils.
But I would still buy one if I ran across it today.
20. Televisions have gone through so many iterations in our lifetime.
Never mind cable/streaming.
19. You had to click through them.
What if there was a real gem somewhere in the middle!
18. It wasn’t super accurate.
But it made you feel like you knew you were going the right direction.
17. “Unfocus” your eyes.
I wonder if these made us dumber or smarter.
16. I bet these could be worth something now.
If your family somehow magically didn’t break them.
15. There had to be a better way.
I promise you can’t hide anything from us on a PC though.
14. Wild how fast things have changed.
Our kids would have no idea what an ashtray even was!
13. The fish tank your parents would never let you have.
It was better than having to clean a real one anyway.
12. My kids still have these.
And they’re just as cheap and impossible to use.
11. The WB had quite a run.
If you think the CW is the same thing, you’re a lot younger than I am.
10. They were cutting edge at one time.
Crazy to think about it, right?
9. All of these collector’s glasses were amazing.
They should definitely bring these promos back.
8. It actually was fun.
And we probably learned a thing or two, too.
7. I know Burger King wasn’t the best.
And yet, we still wanted to collect all of the things.
6. These were so gross.
But now I kind of want one.
5. I had almost forgotten this…
I’m glad for the reminder!
4. I cannot believe these were a thing.
What a genius but totally unnecessary idea!
3. All Butterfingers are good.
Which makes these the best of the best.
2. The caramel ones really weren’t bad.
In fact, I kind of want one right now.
1. You mean you don’t still have one of these?
Because I do…
Y’all, I know things weren’t perfect, but it’s hard to argue that they weren’t simpler, right?
What’s something you would bring back from your youth if you could? Let us know down in the comments!