This month has been the longest year ever.
So are you ready for some good news yet?
Here’s a list of 15 stories to heal your mind and lighten your heart.
1. This security guard is a secret super hero.
He crafts to protect little babies while he works overnight to protect big adults.
Today I found out through Facebook that the overnight security guard at my work knits boots and mittens for premature babies at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary. He also posts them worldwide. MY HEART ?❤️ pic.twitter.com/LG9VnErUlk
— ?????? ? (@_laurennewsome) October 1, 2019
2. This woman was the first in her family to graduate college.
She spent the first seven years of her life in a refugee camp.
21 years ago my mother gave birth to me while she was escaping from a civil war. I spend the first 7 years of my life in a refugee camp. My parents sacrificed so much for their kids.They moved to the USA with $0
Today, I became the first person to graduate college in my family. pic.twitter.com/3B9ONs7HqO
— Hamdia Ahmed (@hamdia_ahmed) May 11, 2019
3. This daughter gave her step-father a special gift.
I think I have some dust in my eye.
during middle school, my stepdad used to leave me a note on my door each day to inspire me. well, I kept those notes & It’s been 6 years since then. today I gave him those notes back? #HappyFathersDay pic.twitter.com/ftT3sjQEH5
— soph (@Sophia_Kallie) June 17, 2019
4. This superstar donated $35 million to help medical response.
Lady Gaga raised the money asking corporate heads to give without pestering her fans to donate as well.
5. These black medical school students were photographed in front of slave quarters on the Whitney Plantation.
This talented group will soon be making big differences in their communities as they embark on careers in medicine.
Standing in front of the slave quarters of our ancestors, at The Whitney Plantation, with my medical school classmates. We are truly our ancestors’ wildest dreams ✨✊? pic.twitter.com/d8E1g2Ojbm
— Syd✨ (@_botttt) December 14, 2019
6. This blind woman’s husband planted a whole garden of flowers for her to smell.
It took him two years, but it lifted her out of her depression.
7. This man lets nothing stand in his way of reaching his goals.
“I have Downs, but Downs don’t have me.”
My brother went on his very first job interview today. He has grown so much I’m super proud of him. Even though he has down syndrome, he lets nothing get in his way. “I have downs but downs don’t have me.” pic.twitter.com/QJioDjBIbm
— Leah! (@its_LeahS) April 4, 2018
8. This little girl thought the beautiful bride she saw was a princess.
She thought the bride who was being photographed came from her favorite princess book she was carrying. Are you crying yet?
9. This groom saved a little boy from drowning during his wedding photos.
He jumped in fully dressed to rescue the child who was struggling after getting pushed into the water.
10. This woman waited with a blind man hailing a cab after a baseball game.
They were strangers but she noticed in the chaos he needed assistance.
11. These NYC subway passengers cleaned all the hate symbols and speech graffiti off their car.
Everyone used their hand santizers and tissues to wipe off all the anti-Semitic words and drawings.
12. These firefighters paid their buddy one last favor.
Their friend and forest ranger was dying so they rolled him through the forest for his last time to see it. Pass the tissues.
13. This woman got the loving family she deserved for Christmas.
Her own parents rejected her for being gay.
for those of you that don’t know, i’m not accepted by my parents for being gay. i have struggled for five years with them and decided this year to cut off contact. this is my first christmas not with them and this is how sarahs (my fiancée) dad tagged my gift ? pic.twitter.com/BpGmBkCde8
— Kate Austin (@KateAustin_) December 25, 2019
14. This man repurposes old ice-chests so stray cats have a warm place to sleep in the winter.
He’s keeping the chests out of the landfill and cats out of the cold.
15. This little girl tells her toys she’s leaving and then peeks to see if they come out.
She’s been doing this ever since she saw Toy Story.
I told you these stories would cheer you up but honestly I’m a blubbering mess after reading them.
It is nice to know, though, that there is lightness in our world, even when it seems dark. Times may be tough but these posts show every day is a good day to be happy.
Do you have any stories like this? Let us know in the comments!