Surely it’s somebody’s job to fact-check movies before they get made. Small issues slipping through the cracks is one thing, but these plot-holes are something else.
Here are 10 inaccuracies that drive people crazy.
Let’s check them out!
10. Mean Girls missed the memo that African elephants are very different from Asian elephants
9. The professor in Lucy says we only use 10 percent of our brains, but researchers confirm that we actually use our entire brains
8. Chocolate chips weren’t invented until 1930, but Leonardo DiCaprio’s character in The Aviator orders them in 1928
7. Speaking of Leo, the lake where he says he went ice fishing in Titanic wasn’t formed until five years after the Titanic sank
6. Even though My Cousin Vinny called a surprise witness, they actually aren’t allowed in court
5. The movie poster that covered Andy’s escape route in The Shawshank Redemption was from a movie that came out one year after the movie took place
4. If Edward doesn’t have a heartbeat, he has no blood flow. So how can he get things…uh….working well enough to have sex with Bella?
3. The math club in Never Been Kissed got pi wrong (it should be 3.14159 etc.)
2. The Wizard of Oz had trouble with math too, getting the Pythagorean theorem wrong
1. Despite what Doctor Strange tries to tell you, even brain surgeons have to wear masks
Some of this stuff is just so basic. I mean, you’ve gotta be smart to make a movie…right?
Do you have any mistakes that really GET you angry?
Let us know in the comments!