It’s Friday, and I don’t know about you, but I could use a laugh.
Luckily, BuzzFeed recently did a roundup of some of the funniest conversations that the internet witnessed in June.
And so many of them were about parent-child interactions.
1. It’s only a Pulitzer, but you know, well done
To be fair, once the shock wore off, Dad was more effusive.
Understated Indian dad reaction pic.twitter.com/bdE7I0Kaq2
— Megha Rajagopalan (@meghara) June 11, 2021
2. Congrats, a tyrannical system has changed in your favor
Apparently an old law was changed in the UK.
This sweet mom just wanted an opportunity to celebrate her son.
thanks mum pic.twitter.com/yBPp9Bb0N6
— SAMUEL. (@xsamuelking) June 14, 2021
3. We can always count on parents to keep our feet on the ground
But I mean, dang, Dad. Let’s celebrate for a minute.
told my dad i got a new job and this is his response? 🥰 pic.twitter.com/8rROnxI3wH
— neha (@ughneha) June 7, 2021
Then there was this father-son interaction.
4. When you forget that you’re Facebook friends with your deadbeat parent…
They weren’t there for you in real life, so why would you think they’d stalk your page?
I chose violence pic.twitter.com/8LcPdhFGkl
— Peter (@pbrian0206) June 20, 2021
5. And when you take being a pet parent a little too far
Maybe something was lost in translation, I don’t know.
They’re not wrong though.
— WholesomeMemes (@WholesomeMeme) May 28, 2021
But not everything was a conversation between family members.
Some of them were just people being people.
6. Just an ordinary social media conversation with the world
But it’s funny, so it counts.
And what is a song, except a one-way conversation?
he’s a cic8a boi pic.twitter.com/fK9fxXniYM
— abby boop (@abbyy_giirl) June 12, 2021
7. The state of the American education system exemplified
My last geography class was legit memorizing where the countries were on maps.
America, please explain pic.twitter.com/F7k8hNn8uq
— Seth (@TheFlemishSeth) June 24, 2021
8. And speaking of geography, settle down, Virginia
I googled it for you, and according to Wikipedia Ludacris lived in Centreville, VA for one year. I know people there!
Also, he said thank you:
View this post on Instagram
9. Sometimes people need to be a little more forthcoming
I get being shy, but the truth will out, you know?
— Out of Context Somali (@NoContextSomali) June 25, 2021
10. And if you lie about that stuff, you can expect a voice memo rant
I know this isn’t directed to the person in the last post, but man, what if it was?
Alright this MF could have just called me pic.twitter.com/zKd4Gi2uRq
— cloudnai (@itscloudnai) June 22, 2021
11. When you have bigger things to worry about than emailing your landlord…
But those things are legitimately why you need to email them:
emailed my landlord and idk how else to say it pic.twitter.com/afIIxzR67Z
— 𝕴𝖘𝖆𝖇𝖊𝖑 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖞 💕⚔️ (@isabeatty) June 27, 2021
These were some good ones.
I feel better and ready for the weekend, what about you?