Whatever need you can imagine, when it arises, someone finds a way to solve it creatively, and users post it to the thread in admiration.
Here are some of the best!
1. This one is my very favorite
What a resourceful son of a gun.
2. Now I’m no welder…
But this seems a might dangerous to me.
3. Kinda mad I didn’t think of this one, TBH
It’s sort of brilliant if you ask me.
4. When you’re on the road and your clothes need a wash
Do they dry them on a line out the back like a kite tail?
5. Sometimes it’s hot as blazes
And you just need a little shade.
6. When your kid wants to learn to dive
Or play like he’s on a pirate ship.
7. Ingenious Guitar Hero hack
I mean, this takes some real technical knowledge, I would think.
Back in 2006 when we lived in Thailand I couldn’t find a Guitar Hero guitar for my PlayStation 2 so I hacked a knock-off Dualshock controller and a mosquito zapper into a DIY Guitar Hero controller – complete with a mercury switch for Star Power. from redneckengineering
8. No hot water? No problem!
Leave it to a Southern mom to figure it out.
9. See, now if this were me, I’d let it go
I’d rather them just assume no one was home.
10. The envy of college dorm dwellers everywhere
Pretty sweet setup, boys.
11. I’m going to nope right out of this one
The mail carrier doesn’t know where that bandage has been!
12. Ingenious new method of toasting
I mean it’s really quite clever.
Although people used to just make toast inside the oven…
And there you have it: a visual demonstration of the ingenuity of humankind.
What’s your favorite redneck engineering style life hack? Tell us in the comments!